1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connection Confusion

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by superted, May 3, 2005.

1. superted

superted
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi There,

I have purchased a new Plasma tv and require some advice from your goodselfs on cabling.

Its a Daewoo D42sp and has the following connections :
    2xscart (through a external reciever unit
    1 HD compatible component input (has five connectors that look different to RCA style jacks i was expecting) and a seperate component in so the 3 colours and 1 audio inputs. also has a few other connectors but not fussed with those at the moment.

Basically i need to connect 1 xbox,1ps2 and one dvd system to this setup possibly sky+ soon as well, Now i undserstand xbox is hd compatible on some games and both consoles would benefit from component input rather than the scart they are on now?

I took a look and a xbox hd tv av pack can offer xbox hd compatibility through the component leads http://www.whitedog.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=626
    That sounds perfect and once i connected it to the pack in the xbox pref i can selecr 1080i apparently.

Would this cable offer the same compat? http://www.whitedog.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=3_59&products_id=397

Whats best for SKy+ also does it only offer scart?

ANy help advice on my situation would be appreciated

C

Ed

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    SKY+ offers RGB+S and composite via Scart coinnectors as well as S-video, RGB+S can be convetered to component for about £150 using a converter box. connecting the all via componet is a good idea if you can switch the component sources (via AV amp for example) to the palsma Component (YUV/YPbPr) inputs