1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connection Confusion

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Scoobycity, Dec 21, 2004.

1. Scoobycity

Scoobycity
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just got my first projector. Its a Misubishi UL5 (LCD, XGA 1700 Lumens) which I'm over the moon with.

I want to run an NTL Cable TV box, an XBox, a DVD player and my PC through it and eventually have it roof mounted.

On my old set-up I just had a three scarts into one adaptor then into the back of a rear projector TV but the only video inputs on the projector is composite and s-video.

After doing some research on here it looks like I should be using component connections but unless theres some sort of adapter available to plug into the PC socket I can't see how I would plug the 3 components and if I did I would use up the PC input needed for my PC.

The only other way I can see is to plug a scart to S-Video converter (shown below) into the output from my 3-way scart box and into my PJ but surely this is a "bodge"? So whats the best way?

[​IMG]

2. Scoobycity

Scoobycity
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. Scoobycity

Scoobycity
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can't believe you're all using these.. there mut be a better way.

Anyone?

4. nwgarratt

nwgarratt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,022
    If you don't have component then S Video is the next best.

What woudl be better is a scart to s video cable. Then attach the scart end to the player and the S Video end to the S Video connector of the PJ. You must be able to send S Video through the scart socket.

S Video also only does video. So, connect stereo phono (red/white) or digital audio to the audio device.

It is possible to get just Scart to S Video as well as one with red/white phono.

Have a look here (calls S Video SVHS which is incorrect but, they it the same thing).

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=35910&TabID=1&source=14&doy=13m12