1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connection Confusion

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Heather, Sep 22, 2004.

1. Heather

Heather

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :lease: could someone help.

We have A DVD Home Cimema system, a video & a digital box which we already have working together (in a fashion anyway) the problem is we can't seem to get all equipment connected together so that each piece of equipment can be heard through the Home Cinema system. The equipment is as follows:
    Philips 100HZ flat screen TV Model 32PW8718/05 (2 scart)
    Panasonic SC-HT900 DVD Home Theater Sound System (1 scart)
    Samsung SIR-U200i digital receiver (2 scart)
    Sony SLV-SE700G Video casette record (2 scart)

I hope this info will help someone to help me. I need advice in plain English & easy to follow steps as I am a novice with all this stuff - it all got too complicated with the addition of the digital box, had it sussed before that. We have a playstation 2 that we'd like to run sound through DVD system too if poss. We have a 5-in one switching scart block that we can use if needed, but not entirely sure how to combine all together using it.

Hope this all makes some sense & that someone out there can help.

Thanks

2. cR4cKF0x 5TevE

cR4cKF0x 5TevE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +295
    Heather

You seem to be focusing on the scart cables as the source of your sound. With my system, I use the scart cables for video only, and connect my dvd player and sky+ box via different means.

I would recommend that you connect your DVD system to the TV via the scart (but remember to mute the tv so that the sound system only provides the sound).

Connect your digital receiver to the other Scart socket on the TV (make sure you use the TV out scart on the digital box), and then you should be able to connect your digital receiver to the home cinema system using a 2 rca to rca phono cable (red and white connectors at each end of the cable connect to the corresponding output on your digital box and input on the home cinema system.

Finally, connect your vcr via scart to the scart on the digital box (marked vcr). Unless your vcr has phono outputs (the red and white connectors mentioned above) you will have to rely on the scart providing stereo sound to the home cinema system.

Hope this helps, though I'm sure you'll get some other more 'learned' assistance from other members.

3. Heather

Heather

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks,
    Have now got it sorted out.