Connection between CD73 and AVR350

harkie15

Standard Member
Reaction score
The handbook of the receiver says: 'Wherever possible, connect both the analogue and digital outputs of digital sources', while the handbook of the cd-player says: 'Optical digital output: use this socket if you are using a separate DAC or digital recorder'.
So, if I understand it well, the DAC of the receiver will be used, instead of the DAC of the player, should I make a digital connection.

I wonder which solution would give the best sound results. Can anyone inform me on this ?

As far as Im aware the CD73 is not so different as playing cd's to my DV78. I personally found that connecting it via analogue gave a much better result. Vocals especially had something lacking when I used a digital connection.

I hope this helps :)

Try both connections, and see which you prefer. You may not be aware that it's very easy to switch between analogue and digital inputs on the 350 - just hold down the relevant input button on the remote for 2 or 3 seconds, and it will toggle between analogue and digital.

The handbook of the receiver says: 'Wherever possible, connect both the analogue and digital outputs of digital sources', while the handbook of the cd-player says: 'Optical digital output: use this socket if you are using a separate DAC or digital recorder'.
So, if I understand it well, the DAC of the receiver will be used, instead of the DAC of the player, should I make a digital connection.

I wonder which solution would give the best sound results. Can anyone inform me on this ?

I prefer the sound of my CD73 connected to AVR300 by analog inputs and using the STEREO DIRECT mode. I tried the digital route as well, and while the digital route seem to be a bit louder, the analogue route sound was much warmer.

I prefer the sound of my CD73 connected to AVR300 by analog inputs and using the STEREO DIRECT mode. I tried the digital route as well, and while the digital route seem to be a bit louder, the analogue route sound was much warmer.

I understood that connecting you CD source to the FR & FL of the MCH Inputs would give you the most purest path to the amplifier stage, although you don't have the option of using a Sub with this method.

I presume 'Stereo Direct' mode is slightly different to the one I just described?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom