1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connection advise for Progressive Scan to PW6

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by vblue, Oct 15, 2004.

1. vblue

vblue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Guys,

Looking to buy a Progressive Scan DVD Recorder, either the Panny E55 or Sony GX300 and looking for some advice on connecting it to my Panny PW6.

Currently have the PW6, Sky+, Sony SL7A Amp, along with Sony DVD/VCR combi which I will replace with the DVDR.

Have the Sky+ connected via JS RGB-VGA converter into the VGA slot on the plasma, and the DVD/VCR connected via RGB into the Scart terminal board.

Can anyone advice the simplest, and least cost, option to connect in the Progressive Scan DVDR while still achieving the benefits of having Progressive scan?

Thanks

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    buy a second VGA board and get a componenet 3 RCA to 15 pin D-sub cable.... Or buy the BNC component board and a 3 RCA to 3 BNC cable

3. Tony8377

Tony8377

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Just one quick question on this as I have seen similar questions asked before and have only given what I think is the correct answer. If you have a progressive scan dvd player which of the following will maintain the progressive scan element;

1) RGB Scart - I assume that this will not be progressive scan(whether direct or even via a VGA or component convertor)?
    2) Component - This obviously will be progressive scan?
    3) Component to VGA (when progressive scan is selected on the DVD player)- I would have thought that you would lose the progressive scan element but from H/Ds previous post I assume I am wrong?
    4) Component direct into an AV amp that then outputs in Component - I assume you will retain the Progressive scan element?

And finally to attempt to conclude the subject how much would you need to spend on a DVD player (approximately of course) before the internal processing of the DVD players progressive scan would be better than the processing of a panasonic plasma itself?

H/D - Perhaps you could provide a definitive answer on the above (if there is such a thing) as you are obviously experienced in these matters?