Connection Advice

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by scottcul, Apr 12, 2004.

1. scottcul

scottcul
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Pioneer AX5i and a Panny TH-50PHW6 currently everything is connected to the amp via S-video except the Video Recorder which is Composite. Between the amp and Plasma I have both Svideo and Composite plugged into the "S-video and Composite" module. However the S-video always seems to override the Composite, the only way to get the video recorder to work is move the composite to the SCART module of the plasma via a adapter. This is not ideal as I have to switch the TV the a different AV source as well as the amp.

It seems that Amp only passes through the signal and does not convert say for example Composite connections to S-video. I have considered the Component module as the amp has component out. Would this only pass through component inputs and not s-video/composite?

Hope you can help, and hope the above makes sense.

2. PC Nut

PC Nut

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    This amp cannot do up conversion of any signal just switching of it
    i believe the ax10i-s can, which will probably be sub £2000 soon as a newer version is just about to be released.
    The ax10i-s can only do 40 mhz of bandwidth on upscaling to component which should be fine for you needs.