1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

connection advice req.

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Taz, Jun 21, 2003.

1. Taz

Taz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys, Im getting myself a PJ again (AE100) and need some advice on what leads to buy to connect it to my system please...

I have a Denon 3803, DVD with component out, Xbox (via RGB to TV scart) FTA (RGB) and 2 Game cubes via switch box s video and DVDR (RGB to TV) all my RGB connex to TV via a switch box

Just wondered what leads im gonna need to connect it all to PJ and the best way of doing things.

Cheers

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The AE100 doesn't accept "scart" RGB :(

Best/easiest option IMO is to run everything through the 3803 & then just 1 component connection to the PJ.

The 3803 will "upscale" all inputs to component. it doesn't perform any magic though, just facilitates a single cable run to display device.

Other options are a ProV for s-video to VGA conversion (probably better for games consoles etc...) or a HCPC to extract the last drop of performance from the AE100.

Best of luck with it Taz ;)

3. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Since it looks like I will be in on this regardless I'd better have my say. :D

There are options for component with all the consoles, which is good. As there is with the DVD. The only stumbling block to me is the DVB-T box.

Only easy option at the moment is to add an RGB to S-video convetor in the output stage and this can feed s-video to the 3803 for conversion.

Xbox = component = 3803
    GC = component = 3803
    DVD = component = 3803
    DVB-T = s-video = 3803
    3803 = component = pj

PC = VGA lead = pj

And if the DVDR is needed (which I suspect it will) then the RGB=s-video convertor can go after that in the chain.