Connection Advice please

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by transwest, Sep 10, 2004.

1. transwest

transwest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    EUREKA !! I have finally ordered a ZP48 from John Lewis (along with a Panasonic E55 DVD Recorder).
    After many e-mails & letters to their management re ‘Price Match’ criteria, I was eventually able to purchase this kit. (full story after delivery – 15th sept !!!)
    What I need now please, is advice on connecting my stuff together.
    I have a Panasonic VCR, a Samsung VCR, A Toshiba DVD player, a Grundig Freeview receiver & a PACE Freeview receiver. My current Hitachi TV only has one SCART so I have a manual SCART-Switch in-line. Add to the list the new DVD Recorder.
    At the moment, the PACE FV isn’t being used, but really ought to be,,, though only once in a while.
    (I also have a Packard Bell Cinema kit,,, which might now be redundant ???)

I know that the ZP48 has 3 Scarts,,, used for different inputs (RGB / Progressive Scan !!) etc.
    I really would appreciate help on connecting this lot together as properly as I can, to get the best use out of it.
    Thanks to all who have helped & advised along the way.
    Happier Shopping to you all !!
    TranswesT

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,675
    You may as well loose one of the VCRs - recent Panasonic VCRs have tended to be very good so that is probably the one to keep - but I'm usre you have your own personal preference.

If Your New TV Has Component
    If you TV has component inputs in addition to Scart.

Pace Freeview RGB Out > AV2 on the Panasonic E55 and then AV3 (Component) > TV Component In
    Toshiba DVD player >> TV EXT1 (RGB)
    Grundig Freeview RGB Out >> TV EXT2
    Grundig VCR Out >> VCR In and then VCR Out >> TV EXT3

Notes
    If your Toshiba DVD player is better at DVD playback than the E55 and has component/progressive scan then hook that upto the component and connect your E55 to the TV via AV1 >> TV EXT 1 (RGB).

If Your New TV Does NOT Have Component
    If you TV has component inputs in addition to Scart.

Pace Freeview RGB Out >> AV2 on the Panasonic E55 and then AV1 >> TV EXT 1 (RGB)
    Toshiba DVD player >> TV EXT2 (RGB)
    Grundig TV Out >> VCR In and then VCR Out >> TV EXT3