Connection advice needed

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Rodgy, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Rodgy

Rodgy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Is it possible to have two extra TV's on magic eyes and still get a signal from my roof ariel to them so I can watch the built in Freeview HD? I have a co-ax from the ariel to the rear of the main TV and HD Sky box. Then a co-ax out to a splitter in the loft which feeds 2 other TV's. Sky works fine from RF2 but there's not a full strength roof ariel signal reaching the two other TV's. I get a signal but it won't get 82 Sky News or 50 BBC HD and often pixelates. I'm confused which connections go where - I think I've tried all combinations but can't get both Sky to work and get a good terrestrial signal to the other TV's at the same time. I hope I explained it right - you can tell I'm no expert :confused:

2. logiciel

logiciel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,778
    To begin with leave the "magic eyes" out of the question - all they do is send the remote control back to the Sky machine.
    You should be OK with the terrestrial aerial connected to Aerial In on the Sky machine.
    You then have a connection from RF1 Out to the main TV, and one from RF2 Out to the splitter.
    If the terrestrial signal isn't strong enough then you need an amplified distributor, not a simple splitter.
    Check that the Sky machine is set to output on a channel that's well away from those that Freeview uses.
    The extension TVs have to be tuned to that same channel, to get the currently selected Sky programme.
    There aren't any other practical ways of making connections so I'm wondering what you've been trying.;)

3. Rodgy

Rodgy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    "so I'm wondering what you've been trying." Me too..... thanks Mr Mod - your advice seems to have done the business.

4. logiciel

logiciel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,778
    :blush::thumbsup: