1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connection advice: HCPC, PS2, GC

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Nicky, Nov 20, 2004.

1. Nicky

Nicky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi,

I'm about to start building a HCPC set-up and think I have decided on a connection set-up. I'd appreciate any device as to whether the set-up below makes sense.

Basic job is to connect HCPC, PS2 and GC to a LCD and a 5.1 amp - possibly including an av switch.

Current plan is : Video: HCPC to LCD via DVI, PS2 and GC to av amp via component. Amp to LCD via component.
    Audio: All to av amp, PS2+HCPC digital, GC can only do analogue I think

The other alternative would be PS2 and GC to HCPC to let this handle the deinterlacing of the video. The positive seems to be better picture quality, but does sound switching become a problem. Can you feed the sound output from the PS2 and GC to the PC and switch between them there. Is this worth doing.

That's my problem. Thanks for any thoughts. If anyone wants to recommend an amp/av switch that would be handy too, although this isn't really the forum for it.

Cheers,

Nick