connection a sub to an all in one

mattl80

Established Member
Reaction score
hi all, very silly question but how would i connect a sub to an all in one - specifically a naim unitiqute? i cant see any ports on the pictures of the unit, and i;m not sure what connections subs use?

Cheers!
Matt

hi all, very silly question but how would i connect a sub to an all in one - specifically a naim unitiqute? i cant see any ports on the pictures of the unit, and i;m not sure what connections subs use?

Cheers!
Matt

Most subs have a high level input,which can be used to tap a feed from the output terminals of an amplifier,and use that as the input for the sub.

What that won't do of course is to remove the bass frequencies and thus workload from the original amp,but it will allow you to run a sub to reinforce the bass perfectly well.

Check to see that any sub you might have in mind has that facility.

thanks for the info. basically i'm looking at buying a niam unitiqute with linn katan spakers and a linn sizmik sub, im worried that the unitiqute dosnt support a sub - bass is important to me. when you say tap a feed from output terminals do you mean connect the sub to one of the left/right speaker connections?

i demoed a marantz cr603 yesterday which does seem to have a connector for a sub but was a bit disappointed with it's sound after the rave reviews i have read. not demo'd the niam unit yet but i really like the look of it.

Last edited:
Why not try to get a demo of a linn dsi? Probably a better buy than the other stuff and would compliment your other items of equipment.

thanks for the info. basically i'm looking at buying a niam unitiqute with linn katan spakers and a linn sizmik sub, im worried that the unitiqute dosnt support a sub - bass is important to me. when you say tap a feed from output terminals do you mean connect the sub to one of the left/right speaker connections?

i demoed a marantz cr603 yesterday which does seem to have a connector for a sub but was a bit disappointed with it's sound after the rave reviews i have read. not demo'd the niam unit yet but i really like the look of it.

It's a high frequency connection you use in this case; the cables connects to the sub and the wires connect to 2 of the negative outputs and one of the positive outputs

I demo'd the REL T5 a week or so back and used this connection on my Marantz CR603

Hi There,

Use the pre amp out on the back of the qute and select small from the speaker menu........

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom