1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connection a RGB scart to the AVR300

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by lappy4711, Jan 7, 2005.

1. lappy4711

lappy4711

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would like to convert a RGB scart signal to component in the AVR300. I have seen cables with scart in one end and 4 rca connectors in the other. Is this what I should use?

2. hawk28

hawk28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes
    you can check the QED Sqart range, as Arcam suggest you need at one end the scart connection and on the second end you'll need 4 rca connection the first 3 are being connected to component red green and blue the 4th rca connection is being connected to composite out for sync.
    and in the set up you'll need to define that the video out is rgb.

3. Barend

Barend

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    So what I need for my SVHS Recorder TO PLAY NOT RECORD is a SCART-2-RGB cable with an extra wire brought out from the SCART and connected to...where?
    Err..if you select the component input of the AVR300 this is what is selected, not the composite input, right?

4. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,239
    No, you need an S-Video Cable and an pair or analogue audio interconnects. Your VCR will only output either a composite or S-Video signal for the picture. The S-Video connection is the higher quality of the two. The AVR300 will then upconvert the S-Video signal from the VCR to an RGB signal.