Connection a Game Console to Panasonic AE 100

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Seahorse, Oct 2, 2002.

1. Seahorse

Seahorse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have tried to connect the kids N64 using its own cable, which is a 3 plug phono connector. Yellow - Video, Red/White - Left/Right Audio.

I Put the Yellow directly into the Pannys Composite but get no picture:confused: The same cable works just fine on thier TV & the Sony in the front room.

Are there similar problems with X-Box or PS2s? I don't want to buy them something I can't blow up on the projector.

2. richard plumb

richard plumb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,047
    are you pressing the source button to select composite? I think it should cycle through the inputs. You want it to show 'video' (composite - what you are using).

If you still don't have a picture, try connecting your video via a SCART->composite box (about £5 if you don't already have one). Still no image might = dead input on the projector.

3. olaiho

olaiho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ciao Mike,
    the N64 composite cable should work. Check your connections, and double check that you have selected the "Video" input on the AE100. I have had no problems with connecting my gaming consoles to the AE100.

For PS2 and Xbox, I would recommend buying component cables. In my experience they give a much nicer picture than composite and S-video on the AE100.

Regards,
    Olaiho