Connecting YouView to Home Theatre system

macshimi

Standard Member
Reaction score
I can usually find what I want by search the forum, but this has me stumped.

My kit list is made up of a Panasonic TH-42PX70B TV, a Panasonic SC-BTT362 Home Theatre and a newly acquired Humax DTR-T1000 500GB YouView DTR.

I need help in getting the sound from YouView to play through the BTT362. I tried connecting the YouView and BT362 directly using a HDMI cable, it would work only after repeatingswitching the YouView on and off.

I phoned Panasonic and they said you should never connect the YouView in this way, it must go directly to the TV.

If I do that, I can’t get the sound through the BT362 speakers. Panasonic said to use the Optical Out on the TV, my model doesn’t have this feature.

All help will be gratefully received.:hiya:

Thanks
PS I hope I have posted this in the right section, I’m sure someone will tell if I haven’t!

use any sound output from the you view box to the home theatre system. But preferably the digital sound output. Connect the you view to the TV with that HDMI lead and mute the TV sound.

alternatively take a sound output from the TV if you do not have a digital sound output to take an analog one from the headphone sockets are scarred sockets or a direct sound output sockets to an input own your home theatre system. the downside of doing it this way is you will not get 5.1 surround sound if it is broadcast and picked up by the you view box.

As I understand it the Youview box only outputs Stereo from s/pdif, not 5.1 even when present. The HDR FOX T2 outputs 5.1 Dolby Digital recoded from he-aac 5.1 when its transmitted both on HDMI and s/pdif.

Hi Guys

Thanks for the import and apologies for my delay in replying.

Your advice works, so simple as well. I used analog sound connectors and I get the sound out via my Home Cinema (2.1) system

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom