1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting Yamaha DVRS120, Tuner and Panasonic Plasma

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by JohnSanders, Feb 23, 2005.

Tags:
  1. JohnSanders

JohnSanders

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Help please! Just bought the Panasonic Plasma panel TH37PW7 - it has a serial and pc input as standard and i bought and installed a scart connection. It has another slot for other connections (component, etc) but i'v not bought anything else yet. Connecting to a Freeview tuner (which has audio outputs, a serial port and 2 scarts) and the Yamaha DVRS120 - integrated DVD player and surround sound system - which seems to have all connection possibilities. At the moment i have the aerial into the tuner then a scart out through a AV (3 cables - red/white/yellow) adaptor into the AV ports of the Yamaha. I have 3 ways out (plus monitor out) of the Yamaha to the panel - scart, component and S-video - but these 3 only take the dvd signal (won't carry the tuner signal) - since the panel only has a scart i haven't connected via that since then i wouldn't be able to connect the tuner directly to the panel - so i have taken a cable from the Monitor Out of the Yamaha to another box (a friend has lent me - it is another tuner box AverTVBox3 progressive scan) that will allow me to connect it into the panel's pc port. This works. So from the panels PC input i get a pretty good picture from the yamaha dvd but not a very good tv picture - not that clear and bright colours that i can't adjust. I have also connected the tuner directly to the panel (scart to scart) although of course the sound is going through the Yamaha via the scart/AV connection i mentioned above. With this panel input i get a slightly better tv picture and i can adjust the colour - but it's still not the qulaity i expected (or have seen in the showrooms).
    There must be an easier and/or better way to connect these 3 pieces! Do i need to buy other connections for the panel or can i get a "connection box" that will simply let me link everything up and give me great picture quality from both the dvd and tuner? A friend has said a Component connection would improve things a lot - but how do i connect this? Any suggestions would be gratefully received (along with any pointers as to where i can buy what ever it is i need). Many thanks.