Connecting Yamaha AX759SE for OSD

Soul_Survivor

Standard Member
Reaction score
I've just entered the world of HD with a Panasonic Viera TV, V+ box and a Yamaha DSP AX759SE amp.

Trouble is I'm confused as to how this should all be connected in order to get the OSD (On Screen Display).

At the moment I have the HDMI cable running from the V+ box to the TV and an optical cable going from the V+ box to the amp.

I've just ordered the YDS iPod dock so would like the OSD to see track listings and I was going through the amp manual last night and been reading on here but am very confused :confused:

The manual doesn't refer to how to connect things up when using HDMI, there's the 3 component sockets on the amp, standard video RCS and an S-video for the monitor out, but where do I put these into the TV?
If I use another input into the TV, will it only display the OSD when I am on that scart setting on my TV, in which case does that mean I can't have the OSD when on the HDMI input?

Any help or suggestions on connection setups would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Dan

You’ll need adapters to convert vga to hdmi, or component to hdmi, or s video to hdmi or an audio splitter, I run blu Ray hdmi direct to tv and have a coaxial cable from blu Ray to av reciever, marked off in green from back of av reciever

Attachments

• FBD9F273-9C94-4A11-9923-3CDE0C482807.jpeg
    FBD9F273-9C94-4A11-9923-3CDE0C482807.jpeg
    305.2 KB · Views: 131

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom