1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

connecting xbox360 to denon 3803 & NEC 42VP4 plasma

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Stevie S, Sep 29, 2005.

1. Stevie S

Stevie S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure if anyone can help me out here, but I am wondering what the best way of connecting my son's xbox 360 is going to be. Since I am not prepared to think about replacing my NEC 42VP4 plasma screen, I imagine the HD thing is not straightforward (at least, I can't figure it out: the manual says the screen has "480P, 1080I and 720P and HDTV signal compatability" but does not seem to give any further clues).

The 3803 receiver has two sets of component inputs, but one runs the Denon 2900 dvd/universal player and the other the sky+ box through a component convertor. So no free space there.

However, the NEC does have an extra set of component sockets. Is the best bet going to be to run the xbox 360 through these components, and link up the audio via the 3803 on optical? Then I guess it will be necessary to select VIDEO AUX on the receiver and a different "channel" on the screen to get audio & video.

Any help gratefully received.
    TIA
    Stevie

2. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +990
    I don't see why that wouldn't work!

3. Stevie S

Stevie S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I guess I will give it a try, come December. Still can't quite figure out the xbox360 is it HD or is it not debate, but it seems like component is the best way to go

Ta
    Stevie