1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting XBox to Plasma Screen

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by brlaw, Oct 13, 2002.

1. brlaw

brlaw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am buying the Xbox today and could use some advice on connections that I need. I have the Denon 3802 and Pannny 42 plasma screen and Phillips 962A (all bought based on your advice!!) The phillips is connected directly to the plasma screen through the component input.

What is the best way to connect the Xbox? Can I connect it through the phillips?

Sorry for being so technically challenged, and thanks for your help.

Bruce

2. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,023
    does the denon have component in's on it.? If so grab a component set for Xbox..lovely picture..:)

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, best to route the component sources (X-Box via the HiDef AV pack and the DVD player) through your amp if you can and then from the amp to the plasma. Or if you're not using your VGA input on the panny use an RGB to VGA convertor as from www.rgbtosvideo.com . Either will yield excellent results

Andy

4. brlaw

brlaw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    my phillips dvd player is already connected directly to the component in on my plasma. my amp is connected to the plasma by s-vhs because i have crappy homechoice connected as well.

okay, so i think i should connect the x-box to the denon via the opticlal connection for sound, is that right? does that mean it will be surround, dts, digital dobly?

and then how would i connect the x-box for the best picture? can i connect it to the denon via component? if the denon is connected to the plasma via s-vhs, won't that cancel out the benefitis of the component?

sorry, i'm such a novice at this....