Connecting XBox Live to BT Hub (via N series Wireless adapter)

snestapper

Standard Member
I've been using my ethernet cable to connect to xbox live for the last year or so, but decided it was finally time to upgrade to wireless. Got myself an N Series adapter and thought "beautiful...plug n play!" .... Not quite

After installing the adapter, it seems to work ok. It has located my Bt Hub just fine, so I entered the WEP key in the vain hope that it would do the job. Its not connecting with the hub, despite having a perfect signal. I have connected various wireless connections to the hub before, entering the WEP key and away we go. I usually reset or turn the router on and off so it can locate new devices. I've troubleshooted myself in the face trying to find the solution. Resetting and reconnecting hubs, xbox and all the rest of it. I reconnected via the ethernet cable and it works fine again, bingo.

I've trawled the internet looking for solutions and found lots of abbreviations (DHCP, NAT, MAC, DMZ, IP etc etc etc) and complicated instructions to alter network setttings etc to sort this out. I'm not a technophobe at all, but SURELY an indecipherable 10 page spread on network, PPoP and router alterations which I'm likely to fukk up, isnt required for a plug and play wireless adapter???

If anyone has had a similar problem or can help me out, I'd really appreciate it :lease:

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom