Connecting xbox 360 through a dvi-i port.

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by chrispurvis100, Feb 12, 2009.

Tags:
  1. chrispurvis100

chrispurvis100
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone. I have a phillips 32 inch lcd (2.5 years old)which is hd ready, but only has a dvi-i port. Not sure of make at the moment, but will have a look when I get home.

Basically, I have purchased a vga lead for the xbox and then a vga-dvi adaptor. With everything connected, when I switch the xbox on and go to the hd channel on the tv, all I get is a message saying 'no input signal'. When I tried a hdmi-dvi lead, I had a message saying 'video source not recognized.

I cannot find any settings to change in the on screen menu for hd. Does anyone have an idea on how I can get my xbox to work on this tv? Or am I going to have to bite the bullet and buy a new tv? (42 inch Plasma's are looking good value at the moment! :D )

2. chrispurvis100

chrispurvis100
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do I need the select 'PC' rather than 'HD'?

3. mclrn227

mclrn227

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    now that you changed to an HD tv, did you also change the little switch on the xbox av cable to hd aswell?

4. chrispurvis100

chrispurvis100
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There is no such switch on the vga cable. I cannot use the standard lead that comes with the xbox as I have to connect to DVI. :thumbsup: