Connecting with WEP security and key index

BMan12

Standard Member
Reaction score
My vista laptop connects to my network just fine. My desktop and my 360 were not connecting and having the same problem. They would "connect" but not get the right IP address. I remembered something and changed the Key Index of the WEP security on my desktop to "2" and restarted and it worked just fine. I'm pretty sure I need to change the key index on the 360 to 2 as well, but I can't find out how to do it. Is it even possible? If so, how? If not, why doesn't microsoft let me do this?

Don't you need to go into the System blade, choose Network settings. Scroll down to the network settings, choose the network you want to connect to and then it should automatically ask you for the WEP password.

You might find that you bridge or 360 has dropped of your network or reset, mine does this from time to time and i just need to recconnect to the network again as above.

Hope that helps.

Don't you need to go into the System blade, choose Network settings. Scroll down to the network settings, choose the network you want to connect to and then it should automatically ask you for the WEP password.

You might find that you bridge or 360 has dropped of your network or reset, mine does this from time to time and i just need to recconnect to the network again as above.

Hope that helps.

That happened to me last weekend and this is exactly how I fixed it.

I wasn't able to connect before I posted and I wasn't able connect afterwards, until I changed the WEP key. When I changed the WEP security to Key Index 1 my 360 connected right away. Dumb thing. Not enough options for a $100 adapter....

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom