Connecting Wireless Headphone

Tom227

Novice Member
Reaction score
Just installed an Yamaha RX-A760 receiver. I have a Sennheiser RS-135 wireless headset and can't seem to get this connected. I have tried the zone 2 output but that doesn't work. Is there some setting that I need to change on the menu?
Tom

Just installed an Yamaha RX-A760 receiver. I have a Sennheiser RS-135 wireless headset and can't seem to get this connected. I have tried the zone 2 output but that doesn't work. Is there some setting that I need to change on the menu?
Tom
Are they Bluetooth? Do you need to pair the headphones with your reciever via Bluetooth?

Do the headphones work? Is the transmitter module power on?
Are the headset batteries charged/fresh and are they ON?

Connect the transmitter to a mobile phone headphone jack to check they work.
Connect transmitter to headphone jack of AVR, does that work?

Zone 2 will need 'powering on' via AVR remote and source for Z2 selecting... Not all (digital) inputs can be output in analogue on Z2 on many AVRs - always worth taking time to :rtfm: on these bits.

Yes, the headphones work. The batteries are fully charged. I connected the transmitter to the headphone out on the receiver and the transmitter green light goes on signifying that there is an audio signal going into it. The headphones worked this way.
Powered on zone 2 and connected the 2 rca's rothe zone 2 output on the back of the receiver and only get static.
Also connected the transmitter to the optical out on the receiver and only get static.

So, the transmitter and headphones work but only from the headphone out. Need to have the speakers on simultaniously.

Static suggests that Zone 2 is being fed from the radio tuner. Check the Zone 2 input selection.

So are you saying that the optimal connection for these headphones is through zone 2? What if this receiver did not have this function where would these be connected to.

I cannot see an optical output on this amplifier. Are you talking about plugging into the amplifier or the optical output on the TV?

Oh dear. 135 headphones don't have optical in as far as I can tell, either. Sennheiser RS 135 - Audio Headphones Stereo Wireless - Ideal for modern music & TV - Lightweight

Few - if any - AVRs are designed to feed a pair of headphones at the same time as the loudspeakers... which is why they cut speakers when headphones are plugged in.

First set the Zone 2 to output anything it can (i.e. USB, Bluetooth, Network audio, an analogue input source, FM/AM radio) and get the headphones working from that source.

Then you can try other sources and make both Zones the same source to get Headphones and Speakers working together?

Seems you can set <party mode> if you want the same audio on headphones via Zone 2 RCA outs as the main zone speakers but both zones will then be in stereo. :rtfm: page 87 But this may well not be what you are hoping for.

If you are hoping to get 5.1 via speakers and a stereo mix down via headphones then I think you are in for a disappointment... but think about it, you would need a device to do that down-mixing. An alternative of just L & R to the headphones would be missing the important centre dialogue channel information! Such devices cost money for a very niche market need.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom