Connecting Wii to 4K Hisense

jgonclv

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi. We have a Wii that my kids still enjoy playing with, mostly Super Smash Brawl. We had to buy a new TV since our plasma died and, almost, only 4k sets available for purchase. I tried to connect it using our component cable and the picture is fuzzy and disappears after a minute. Purchased a HDMI adapter for the Wii no signal, the TV doesn't detect any signal, and I used the HDMI port and cable from the bluray player that works. Any suggestions?

Most TV's that don't have scart or RCA phono inputs for Composite video/audio inputs have an “AV” input which is usually a 3/5 pole 3.5mm jack socket and adaptor leads are either supplied (usually in the box and are stuck away at the back of a drawer by the owner when unpacking the set) or are available as accessories.
Check your user manual and/or have a good look around the connection panel on your set.
I have yet to come across any modern TV that doesn't accept composite video/audio connections.

I don't want to connect via AV as that will make 480p unavailable on the Wii.

Are you sure the Wii is in full working order?
Can you try it on another Tv?

Have you looked in the TV's picture menu to see if there are any settings to be made for component input?

Mt TV is a 55M7000. Hisense is a bit plain in options, I didn't find even anything about component connections on it, but I'm going to check thoroughly. Thanks for the suggestion.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom