• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Connecting wifi printer to BT HH 3

ollymoran

Standard Member
hi,

I hope this is the right place to write this.

I have just recently bought a MAC pro and I have a wireless printer the SX235W. I have in the past had this connected wirelessly to a PC but with Orange Broadband. I am trying to connect my mac to it wireless but its not connecting. It just keeps on saying that it cannot find the printer when my laptop is right in front of it.

Im not sure that I have to change any settings on the HH but according to the setup software it should just pick it up straight away.

I am wondering if its something i am not doing with the router? perhaps a setting I need to alter.

Hope someone can help.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
You need to go through the wireless setup of the printer and let it find the BT HomeHub...once it's found it you then enter the password for the HH3 which is on the small removable plastic tab at the top rear.
Once the printer has connected it'll be available to all computers on the BT HH3 wi-fi network

ollymoran

Standard Member
It will not find my printer, I do everything it says in the screen setup and It still won't find and connect to it. Must be something I'm
Doing wrong

JayCee

Distinguished Member
ollymoran said:
It will not find my printer, I do everything it says in the screen setup and It still won't find and connect to it. Must be something I'm
Doing wrong

You had a wireless router with your Orange broadband, you now have a different router.
You need to go through the wireless setup of your printer again for the new router (BT HomeHub 3) so take note of the SSID and password which is printed on the removable plastic tab on it's rear.
Once your printer finds finds your HH3 it'll ask you to enter the password and if you enter it correctly it'll pair itself and it's now on your wireless network.
You now need to do exactly the same and connect your Mac to the BT HomeHub 3 and once it's connected and paired it should see the printer on your network.
Since BT are by far the most common BB providers (in my area anyway) when you search for your network it will find yours and possibly 4 or 5 of your neighbours BT networks which are not secured by a password so make sure you connect to the correct one.
If you've done all this go into "System Preferences" on your mac then "Hardware" then "Print and Scan" and see if the printer's listed.
Good luck.

ollymoran

Standard Member
Ok will try again. Do I have to press anything on the HH3 to make it search. On the orange livebox I had to put it in a pairing mode.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
ollymoran said:
Ok will try again. Do I have to press anything on the HH3 to make it search. On the orange livebox I had to put it in a pairing mode.

No, it broadcasts it's SSID all the time by default.
You search using the printer's menu.

ollymoran

Standard Member
YAY !! I have finally managed to do it. It did not ask me for any HH3 passwords though, all it asked me for is my MAC password.

Glad its worked though, many thanks for your help.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom