Connecting Wharfedale SW-150 Sub to Pioneer SX-S30DAB?

PocketTim

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Need a quick bit of help. I've just purchased the Pioneer SX-SA30DAB which has a sub pre-out but no sub out and I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the difference. My SW-150 is an active subwoofer with no bypass switch but manual volume and crossover control.

What exactly do I do here for best results? Do I just connect my single coax to the left channel in of the sub and then play with the crossover as I see fit or will the receiver take care of all that for me?

Or would it be prudent to utilise the speaker level inputs on the sub in some way, I don't really understand what they're for or how I should be wiring them. Apologies for my ignorance but A: I'm missing the manual for the SW-150 and cannot find a replacement anywhere and B: I've switched from an 5.1 AVR which was more forgiving and this new stereo amp is giving me a headache.

Thanks in advance.

You can either use sub pre out or high level, whether need to use crossover in sub or not depends if the pioneer amp sub out is filtered or full range

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom