Question Connecting Vizio SB4051 to Samsung UN60F8000 via HDMI ARC

kdw133

Novice Member
Reaction score
I'm attempting to connect a Vizio SB4051 soundbar to a Samsung UN60F8000 TV. The manual says the HDMI ARC will be the best connection quality. When I set it up, the TV will recognize the soundbar to some degree (the TV remote will control the soundbar volume and it says the soundbar model number right on screen), but it won't play any sound. I have the speakers set to Receiver as both manuals say.

I contacted Samsung support and they said because the soundbar does not have Anynet+ it won't work. I find that odd because the TV can obviously see, recognize, and control the soundbar. Beyond that, you would think two devices with HDMI ARC would work together.

Any thoughts? Is this just the way it is or is there something else I can try. Is it even worth it to worry about the HDMI connection or will the coax quality be "good enough?"

A little update...

I talked to Vizio support and they had me do a factory reset of the soundbar. The soundbar then worked with the HDMI ARC on the reboot.

Unfortunately, the reset meant the wireless subwoofer was no longer paired. I went through the pairing steps, but no sound out of the subwoofer or satellite speakers. Contacted Vizio support again and they had me do the built-in sound test. That kicked the subwoofer and satellite speakers on.

So Samsung support was wrong, it can connect. However, the satellite speakers are very soft and fuzzy. Have to see if it's a problem or just something in the settings. Been a lot of work to set this thing up.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom