Connecting Vivanco AV5 controller to Samsung R74 TV

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Lindy2309, Aug 20, 2006.

1. Lindy2309

Lindy2309

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Samsung 37in R74 which on both analogue and digital TV is fine.

Sky plus box is linked by scart to external 1 (and piped thru house via aerial) again I have no issues with this.

This leaves me with one remaining scart socket (ext 2) to connect my DVD HDD Recorder/VCR combi, a cheap DVD player (the kids aren't allowed anywhere near the expensive DVDR) and maybe the Digital STB I had before I bought this set.

On my old CRT set I used a Vivanco AV Control 5 box. Scart leads went from the DVDR, DVD, DTB and also used the RCA sockets for linking digicam and kids game machines. These linked to the old set via scart lead plugged in to Ext 2.
    Controller either switched automatically or I used the remote to switch over manually.

I cannot get the Vivanco box to work with the Samsung R74.
    have connected DVDR and DVD direct to ext 2 and they work fine but when I try and route them through the AV controller I just get a no signal message on ext 2.

Have swapped Sky onto ext 2 and AV controller on to ext 1 , but still cannot get the AV controller to work. Have even tried the RCA sockets on the side of TV box still won't work.

So now I have a super TV picture, but have to spend my life transferring over scart leads. Talk about one step forward two steps back!!!!

Have even checked box is still working by connecting up via another TV, but I need to solve problem on my main TV

I am aware that there are different types of 'signals' - RGB etc, but I don't understand what these are. Am I trying to link up the wrong type of connection?

As I said before linking the box to my old CRT was basically just plug and play, why isn't it this simple to connect to the Samsung?

Has any one any ideas?

2. 12 promises

12 promises

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    just having a stab here cos its a long time since i used my av5 box (its in the graveyard cupboard).
    does the samsung support auto switching to pin 8 (i think)?
    are you using a fully connected scart lead with pin 8 connected?
    have you tried changing over the scart leads fom different sources?
    :)

3. Lindy2309

Lindy2309

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure what you mean about supporting switching to 8 pin.

But all the scart leads are full 21 pins and I have checked that they all work and in both directions by swapping them around.

4. 12 promises

12 promises

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    the scart leads could still have all 21 pins but not all connected..............unlikely though possible.

if the box is passing the signal to another tv then the problem is the samsung.

has it got a menu for setting rgb, cvbs, s-video,composite,component?
    if so make sure you have the correct signal input switched on.
    you may be trying to pass an rgb signal from the av5 but the samsung is set for something else.:)

can only find the manual for the 26" r74 online.

it states that only ext 1 will accept an rgb signal so the av5 output scart should go into that.
    there is also a "sources" menu that perhaps you have to change some how.

have ypu tried passing an s-video signal to the samsung?