Connecting Viseo as well as audio signals to Sony STR-DB930

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by robyoung, Nov 15, 2003.

1. robyoung

robyoung

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    Hi,

After recently buying an LG 42" plasma telly with it's reasonably limited video connections. I was wondering whether it would be easier and of a higher quality to use the Amp for my video inputs? And any advice on doing so?

I currently have the Digibox going through a scart to RCA in to the video input, and my DVD player (Panasonic) using the S-video. I've found that the DVD picture seems slightly grainy? Any reason for this?

any tips on using the amp for the video too? will i need anyting else? havent got a manual either so could be a bit complicated! :)

many thanks

rob

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,441
    Does you plasma have a VGA or component input?
    If it does I would suggest getting a scart switch box or daisy chaning DVD & Sky through scart (set both boxes to output in RGB) and then getting an RGB to VGA or component adapter from www.rgbtosvideo.com
    This will give the best possible quality from both your boxes and should be a very large improvement. IMO it would be worth the extra money.

Video via the receiver is only worth doing if you have more boxes than inputs on the plasma. This will not improve the quality, if anything it might be slightly worse. The chances are that you will only have S-Video and composite on the receiver and so can not be done with the above suggestion.

Mark.

3. eas4uk

eas4uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +92
    Robyoung,

Ive got the manual for your amp - let me know if you want to borrow it - it must be returned though:;)