1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

connecting VCR to TRV60?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by dreamc, Jan 27, 2005.

1. dreamc

dreamc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    According to the manual of my Sony TRV60 it should be possible to connect a VCR to the camera. I've tried this by plugging the a/v lead into a scart convertor and tried it on both my VCR and tv, but haven't been able to see anything appearing on my camera's LCD display....the setting on the camera is according to the manual. Does anyone have an idea what i'm doing wrong?

2. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you are using the scart converter which came with your camera THAT is what you are doing wrong. The converter supplied with virtually every camcorder is a scart-IN converter (from camera IN to TV/VCR) nip down to your local Maplin and either buy a dedicated 'scart - OUT' converter (which will be clearly marked so) or a 'switched IN/OUT' one which you can change at will.

3. dreamc

dreamc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Didn't think about that....will try. I had two convertors laying around and took the one with the most pins....will check what the other one does, if that one doesn't work i'll buy an out one....let's hope it works :)

4. rthak

rthak

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am having the same problem as described above!

However, when i connect the scart to my dvd player i can see everything on my camcorder.....so do i still need a new scart-RGB converter?? Surely it would not work on my dvd player if i did not?

Thanks