Connecting VCR to Sony DAV SC5

davidlqs

Established Member
Reaction score
I am in the process of setting the above all-in-one system up, but am unsure how to attach my VCR so that I can view and record tv pictures (the tv tuner in my VCR gives a better picture than my tv).

It is a fairly old JVC model which only has co-ax + phono audio output or SCART output. Do I need a SCART to 6 phono lead (if such a beast exists)? Or can I use a standard SCART to 3 phono connected to Video 1 in (or out?) on the DAV SC5.

Thanks for any assistance

Are you wanting to route the vcr through the SC5 and connect the SC5 to the TV

Yes - I want to be able to change tv channels using the vcr tuner (better signal than the tv tuner), but have sound from the DAV's amplifier.

Right well. Firstly your VCR will go into the SC5 lables Video 1 (or 2 but stick to 1) then there is a problem. I need to know whether the SC5 has a yellow composte socket on the back which lets you connect it to your TV. I know there is a scart connecter but becuase you connect the VCR to it via composite inputs to see the picture of the video you need to have the Sc5 connected to the TV via composite (if there is a socket) if ther isn't then you don't. Its basically inputs as composite signal but doesn't alter it for output such as through RGB scart and so i would have thought it to have composite output becuase it only works as a switch box. However it will do what you want it to do, just look for composite out. (yellow round socket)

Thanks for the info DDDavo, I have gone for the SCART to 6 phono cable, and it appears to work - connected to the Video 1 In and Out sockets, now everything plays through the DAV.

My wife is pretty confused now though - another remote to come to terms with :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom