1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting up Sony DAVS300

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by chris1210, May 11, 2005.

1. chris1210

chris1210

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    I'll admit to being a bit clueless on the whole home AV stuff..... didnt want to spend much, just get a good system for my bedroom and found a DAV S300 system for £60, so cant complain!

I just want some advice on my best connection route to get the best out of it. My current setup before the addition of the S300 is...

Panasonic PX28DT4 Widescreen TV
    Sony PS2 connected via RGB Scart to TV
    Sky Digital connected to TV via Scart

Thats it!

The RGB scart cable for the PS2 also has the 3 phono things about half way up the lead, so would i be best to connect the red and white things on from there to the DAV to get the sound before it hits the tv?

Any help much appreciated!

ta
    Chris

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I would have thought that the Sky box would have been better suited to the RGB scart on the TV unless you give higher priority to games than TV watching. From memory the DAV300 neither outputs in RGB nor has a scart socket so the next best option would be to use s-video which is of much higher quality than plain old composite. You may need to buy a lead with an s-video plug on one end and a scart plug on the other unless your TV has a dedicated s-video input.

If you connect this way you will probably have to instruct the TV in the picture menu that the signal is s-video otherwise the picture will appear in black and white if it defaults to composite.