1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting up my LCD

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by drbober, Oct 17, 2005.

1. drbober

drbober
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I would like to connect the following up to my Panasonic TX32LXD52 LCD TV, which will be wall mounted with all cables hidden.

Can you please advise if I have got the following correct.

Feeds to TV
    Power Supply
    DVD via HDMI
    PS2 via component
    VCR & NTL via SCART
    Karaoke machine via video RCA input

I may also run a standard aerial feed as backup in case of problems with ntl.

From TV
    2 x RCA into amp

Have I forgtten anything? Also, am I using the best connections for each of the above?

Is any point in fitting an extra SCART lead for future use?

2. thelurch

thelurch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I assume you are planning to chase out the wall for these cables? If so why not buy plasting conduit/trunking which is big enough to fit the connectors through ie scart, then set that in the wall, re plaster but leave hole behind TV and behind AV unit so you can pull old leads out and drop new leads in when needed?

3. drbober

drbober
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    That's my plan, I just want to make sure I have the right cables for each bit of kit to begin with.

I was goint to use some plastic drainpipe or similar, are there any more specific conduits avaialble.

4. thelurch

thelurch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Id like the answer to that question, there must be trunking specifically designed for both recessed and surface mounting.

For the time being I am going to use white surface mounted trunking for the cables but my overall plan is the same as above ( when I get the time to do it!, and permission from the mrs as we have only just finished redecorating)
    My walls are brilliant white so surface trunking will not look too bad for the time being.