1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting up my Hitachi TX10 (Home 1)

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Balle Klorin, May 26, 2004.

1. Balle Klorin

Balle Klorin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there. Great forum, just joined.

I've got a couple of newbie questions. Ive just bought the above projector and want to connect it to my PC and TV. Need to use the SCART on my TV. Got svideo and, of course, the VGA output on the PC. What's the best way of connecting it all up? The PJ does svideo, composite, component and VGA.

Im currently doing TV - SCART to composite. Do I have a better option? Is there a SCART to component or would I then need a converter (the TV is PAL if that makes a difference)?

From the PC I am using a 5m svideo to svideo and its a bit crap. DVDs are ok, but not great. Trying to use the computer is horrendeous. Really unfocused and blurry picture. Do I have anything to gain from using VGA to VGA? Or VGA - component. Is it just that the TX10 is a video projector and cannot do better computer images? Or perhaps my cable is just crap!

Be grateful for some advice so I dont have to try out every single combination in vain.

2. wixy

wixy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    u run a 10 metre vga cable from my pc to tx10, bought it cheap for $20 bucks and it looks great to me.

3. AMc

AMc
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,173
  4. Balle Klorin

Balle Klorin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys! Ill run a VGA cable from my computer then.

Regarding connecting to the TV, I've read that not all TVs do RGB SCART. Is this true? IS there a way to find out other than trying it?