Connecting up, help please

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by chris thomas, May 31, 2002.

1. chris thomas

chris thomas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Could someone please advise me, i hav a sony vpl 11ht and want to connect the toshiba sd220 dvd via component,
    my question is, am i best to go direct from dvd to projecter or into the denon 3802 first and back out to projecter, in other word does the denon hav signal enhancing circitry, thanks, asking cus still awaiting my denon,;)

2. Shockabuku

Shockabuku

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +166
    Hi Chris. Definitely go straight to the pj, not via the 3802. The video switching in most amps is purely for convenience & will certainly not improve picture quality....it's more likely to degrade it.

Cheers,

Mark.

3. chris thomas

chris thomas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks mark, i,ll do that then and just run a longer fibre optic back to the amp for sound then,,i asked cus i did hear that denon amps can enhance the quality, perhaps i was just hoping :rolleyes:
    Saves me a fortune in component cableing as well, cheers m8 ;)

4. Shockabuku

Shockabuku

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +166
    No worries m8. I had a 3801 & it definitely didn't improve video quality...though perhaps Denon have sprinkled magic-dust on the newer one...or so their marketing department might say :D