connecting up av processor to power amp

dazm41

Prominent Member
Reaction score
hi all , im looking at the Emotiva UMC-1 AV Processor and 5.1 power amp at the moment iv'e got a onkyo 605 av receiver,so should be a big step from the onk, now i know this is gonna be easy for you experienced people on here, but im confused somewhat:rolleyes: if im connecting up a blu-ray player to the processor buy hdmi ,connect the speakers to the amp. fronts, centre,surrounds,were dos the sub connect to and how am i or what cable is connecting the processor to the amp for the sound for a 5.1 set up, the power amps iv'e looked there's no hdmi hopes this makes sense thanks dazm41

Image courtesy of audioholics review, sure there will be one on the Emotiva site also. You use rca/phono cables (one per channel) from the 7.1 Ch Out to connect to the Power Amp. The sub connects to the processor sub out. In the case of the Emotiva this has an option to use a balanced output for the sub if your sub supports it.

thanks jaunty ,so if im reading this correct you can only get full hd dtsma and thd audio through the analogue section the digital section would be the core section dts and DD ,no audio sent through hdmi cables just video.

I'm no expert...but yes there is sound over HDMI, which the 8200 processes. The power amp just amplifies what has been processed and then sends it to the speakers.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom