1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting up a Panasonic Plasma

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by stevo67, Aug 22, 2003.

1. stevo67

stevo67

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My mate from work has bought himself a new plasma from the now bust powerhouse ,they came out to his house to set it up but left saying they would have to come back with a rgb cable.That was 6 weeks ago and every time he phones up to ask what is happening he gets told that they are waiting on Panasonic (thats who`s make of plasma it is) suppling them with this cable as they are the only one`s who can do this.

Now I am by no way means any expert on this or any other av subject, but I said that he can not use rgb but I could be well off the mark but I would ask a question here and see if you`s guys could help him.
    So wht he is looking for is the ideal way to set up his new plasma and what cables he will need and where they would go.
    He has got :-

Panasonic th-37 dws plasma with optional rca terminal board (ty-37tm4zb)
    Panasonic sc-ht80 DVD home sound system
    Panasonic tv-dsb30 Sky box
    Aiwa Video (2 scarts )

any help would be appreciated

Stevo
    :smashin:

2. jmack

jmack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sky box > rgb to vga> plasma vga www.rgbtosvideo.com
    you will need a rgb scart lead and a vga lead for this. there are other and cheaper ways but this way is proven and gives best results.

dvd player if it has component outputs use them or s-video or if it has rgb scart output get a scart switch box and plug dvd and sky box into that then onto rgb to vga box. i think these scart switch boxes are quite cheap. make sure its a rgb scart switch box.

video >scart to composite cable >composite on plasma

all audio into home cinema amp

hope this helps

someone more techie will be along to correct me if wrong:D :D