1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting up a Marantz SR7400?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Matt Rage, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Matt Rage

Matt Rage
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Right.. I've almost got all my gear now and could do with a hand setting it up.

For viewing I have got:

Benq 7700
    Crappy TV with only SCART input

Output devices I have:

Samsung 950 (when it arrives!!)
    PS2
    Sky+

The amp I have inbetween it all is the Marantz SR7400.

I guess I defo want to do HDMI from the Samsung 950 to the Benq 7700, then optical from the Samsung 950 to the Marantz SR7400 for the sound. But I'm a bit stuck with the rest of it - I would like to get the Samsung 950 to also come through the telly (although I would guess its gonna be pretty rare I watch a DVD not on the projector), and I would also want the PS2 and Sky+ to come through the projector and the telly - hows best? Much appreciate any ideas.

2. Liam @ Prog AV

Liam @ Prog AV
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    DVD - HDMI to PJ, scart to TV, digital audio to amp (coax)

Sky+ - many ways. Cheapest is s-video to amp, optical audio to amp, scart to TV.

PS2 - pain in the butt. Best would be buying component leads for use with projector, but will mean having to pull out and plug in other leads for TV. (run component through the amp), optical audio to the amp.

amp - component to the projector, the amp will convert s-video from Sky up to component colourspace. There is a more expensive route (£150 converter and extra leads req'd) of converting the RGB output of the Sky box to component for a better picture still.

If TV has only one scart then Quintro or Triton or similar req'd to switch the inputs.