1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting up a Denon DHT 500 SD

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by woodmeister, Jan 3, 2005.

1. woodmeister

woodmeister

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently purchased one of these great all in ones, and I was wondering how people have connected the rest of their AV stuff to it so you get sound through the unit? In my stupidty I got hold of a powered scart swtich which whilst very good means all the devices connect to the TV. :oops:

I have a VCR, Sony Freeview and an Xbox.

I guess I can daisy chain the VCR and Freeview box to the video in/out and the Xbox to either the remaining single composite input or optical/s-video inputs?

Any thoughts greatly appreciated. :blush:

2. wicket

wicket

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Right has your tv got phono outputs, if so just connect a lead here to the Denon. You will then get surround sound from everything attached to your switch box.

The XBox sounds fantastic through the system, you will need to buy an advanced cable or equivalent then use the optical cable that attaches to the advanced cable to connect to the optical input on the Denon.

3. woodmeister

woodmeister

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Roger the Xbox connectivity. That's on the to do list. :D

The only output sound wise on the set is the headphones socket. :thumbsdow It's a seven year old 20" Sony Widescreen so connectivity is lmited. :blush: :blush: :blush:

4. wicket

wicket

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Maplins sell a little y audio adapter that I use to feed my jukebox through the system. It only costs a couple of quid so it may be worth your while seeing if it can help you produce surround sound from your tv. You would also need a set of phono leads. It wouldn't look too pretty because you would have to run cables from the front of the tv which is where I am presuming the headphone jack is round to the back of the machine.

Unless your other equipment has phono jacks, if any of these do you can directly connect them to the Denon.

5. pitijopo

pitijopo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi. I have just bought the Denon DHT-500SD Home Theatre System. I have connected it using a scart cable and the DVD is superb. Unfortunately I can not manage to get the TV (Sony digital TV) sound through the theatre system. What shall I do? Thank you in advance for any help you may provide.

M

:lease: