Connecting up 3d TV TO SKY & BLU RAY

chic0821

Standard Member
I have just bought a 46" Samsung LED 3D tv model 8000. I have a 3d Samsung Blu ray player, Sky HD + box & Samsung sound bar with integral blu ray player (2D)
Question is how do I connect all this kit up & with what kind of cables (HDMI ?)
I need some help as the manuals give 2 or 3 ways of doing it
Thanks

kingkarl

Distinguished Member
Ideally mate you need a 1.4 HDMI amp and send every single source into that and then one HDMI cable to the TV from the amp , then just use your amp to switch between the sources.

KhalJimbo

What KingKarl said. Everything into the amp then just one cable into the TV. You can then even send the sound back to the amp from the TV.

chic0821

Standard Member
Thanks for the advice. Next question is where do I get a 1.4 amp & have you a rough idea of cost
Thanks

goddard1980

Standard Member
It all depends on how much you want to spend. I just purchased the onkyo HTS6305 package from richer sounds which can handle 1.4. If your not looking for surround sound you can just go for the Onkyo TXSR508 for £260.

wiikong

Just out of interest guys, (and i think my questions are related to what the OP has asked) if I was to connect my Blue Ray player and Sky +HD box directly to a HDMI amp as suggested in previous post, does the amp need to be switched on to view sky or can it be left in standby?

What I am trying to say is with the sky box connected to the TV, when I press the sky button, the TV automatically switches to the HDMI input. When I switch sky off it reverts back to freeview on TV.

If the sky box is connected to an amp will the TV still automatically switch to the correct HDMI input OR do I have to manually change the input on the TV to the amp, then switch the amp on (i.e. out of standby) then switch the sky box on ?? If so thats toooooo many remote controls to operate.

I am looking at the Home Cinema version amp, but only want the sound on when using the Blue Ray player and only sometimes with the sky box (if watching a movie on sky). Is this possible with the amp or is it case of once the devices are connected through the amp the sound will always come through the home cinema speakers ?

Any advice greatly appreciated for a novice :D

goddard1980

Standard Member
On my setup it doesnt have a passover so i have to have the amp switched on at all times. I can turn the 5.1 off and just have the TV audio, but it still needs to be switched on. With regards to you moving between blu-ray and sat ps3 you should have buttons on your remote to flick between the them. Mines listed as cbl.sat / game / BDDVD.

Trending threads

Top Bottom