Connecting two freeview sources to one tv

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Burntboots, Oct 13, 2005.

1. Burntboots

Burntboots

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure if this is in the correct forum but here goes:

Just bought myself a Panasonic DMREH60D. Unfortunately when recording freeview I can't watch another freeview channel. Is it possible to connect my Pioneer DBR-TV100GB freeview box in some way?

I tried the following last night:

Aerial out on DVD recorder to Aerial in on Pioneer freeview box, and then SCART (TV) from the Pioneer to a SCART switch box.

In RGB the picture was green. Composite produced a colour picture (poor quality) but no sound.

Any ideas anyone? :lease:

2. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297
    Presumably you have the TV AV1 scart connected to AV1 on the Panasonic recorder.
    All you need is to connect the Pioneer STB via scart to the AV2 socket on your TV. You can try feeding the coax aerial cable looping TV, STB and dvd rec but if that doesn't work use an aerial splitter to give separate coax feeds. If signal not all that good then use a Maxview (or similar) signal booster with three outputs to give separate aerial feeds to all three, or just two if you loop TV and dvd recorder.

3. Burntboots

Burntboots

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the response. Initially I though it should be straight forward but sounds like a lot of tweaking will be required.

I think I may have to invest in an aerial splitter and booster to get it to work. Alternatively I could use an indoor aerial for the freeview box (subject to reception quality).

Is there anyone out there who has a freeview DVD recorder and freeview LCD/plasma/CRT (i.e. two freeview sources), but with only one aerial socket? How do you get it all to work?

4. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297
    If there is only the one aerial socket available on the appliance then you will have to use a splitter or amplified booster with a multi outlet.

These are the type of Maxview signal boosters I use for aerial splitting. They plug into a mains socket.

http://www.accessorystore.co.uk/acatalog/PlugIn_Signal_Boosters.html

Various other makes available. Try Argos, B&Q, Wilkinsons, Maplin, market stalls. etc. Usually priced around £10 to £20. You also need small coax leads. Buy or make your own. I make my own just so I can select the lengths which I need. I have a 50m roll of digital coax cable purchased in bulk.

5. nwgarratt

nwgarratt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,859
    I have two freeview boxes on my TV which is also a IDTV. I can record two channels and watch a third. :)

The aerial is daisy chained from freeview box to freeview box to the TV. As I want both freeview boxes in RGB. They are each attached to a DVD Recorder via RGB which are then attached to a scart switcher. The switcher is attached to the single RGB scart on the TV.