Connecting two dvd players

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by lonsdalematt, Mar 8, 2006.

1. lonsdalematt

lonsdalematt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All

I wonder if someone can help me with my enquiry>

I would like to connect 2 dvd players (1 dvd recorder) & (1 DVD player) to my TV set. I can only play one when one is disconnected not two at once.:

thanks

Matt

2. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +296
    There is a connection diagram on the DTG.org website :
    I have an idea though that your dvd may be auto switching when you turn it on so that it takes priority over the AV channel selection. You should be able to select manually tho afterwards by selecting which machine you want to use by using the TV remote to select the appropriate AV channel.

http://www.dtg.org.uk/consumer/connection_wizard.html

I wonder why you would need to have both playing at the same time. If you are considering recording a commercial DVd then forget it - the discs have anti copying protection.

3. lonsdalematt

lonsdalematt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Roy

That's great, but the reason is to view a dvd on one and record from TV on the other. I have no VCR anymore so I am relying on this type of setup.

Secondly my DVD player is multi format and multi region, so I can view all formarts. The DVD recorder is multi region, but has limited playback format capabilities

cheers

Matt

4. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +296
    Ah - cristal clear. It's also something I have previously done on the odd occasion but now its mainly watching on one pvr whilst recording on another.

Last time I used the Panasonic dvd player was to transfer a dvd-ram recording to DVD-R.

5. nwgarratt

nwgarratt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,190