Connecting TV to XBOX360 to Hhome cinema

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by labrown, Feb 11, 2009.

1. labrown

labrown

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :lease: I have a problem connecting my new home cinema with my tv and xbox.

Basically, the TV i have is a Samsung syncmaster T200HD and the new surround sound i have purchased is the LG HT353SD and i am having a problem getting them working with the XBOX360.

I was wondering if there was any way i could get 5.1 surround sound whilst playing my XBOX on the component channel.

The home cinema system has a sound mode called "Virtual" which sounds great on DVDs but only works through 2.1 whilst playing the XBOX or running it through the TV audio.

The system itself has red and white AV port and a standard jack audio port. The tv has HDMI, and jack audio and optical.

Thanks for reading the post, appreciate the replys. :smashin:

Here are some links:

LG Home Cinema System | HT353SD : LG UK
    Samsung T200HD Specifications - LCD TV, Monitor

2. BISHI

BISHI

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,190
    You need to get a Hidef cable for your 360 that will split the audio and video signals. Send the component to the TV and the optical to the AV amp and select the optical input channel ( I'm assuming you have optical on the AV amp, most of them have it). Thats the only way your going to get 5.1 unless you have a 360 elite and the amp has HDMI inputs.

3. labrown

labrown

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply.

No im afraid the amp on the home cinema system only has a stanard audio jack input and a scart input.

So is optical the only way im going to get 5.1?

My previous surround sound gave me 5.1 through the audio jack but this one dosnt seem to want to.

I mentioned before the virtual option the home cinema system has which changes 5.1 into 10.1, i would like to take advantage of this feature, do you think i would be able?

Is there any way i could get a transformer which changes audio jack into optical so i could put the jack into the back of the home cinema amp (which is also a dvd player by the way) and the other end as optical into the back of the XBOX tv cable.

Thanks again.