• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Connecting TV to Sonos Amp

Harvin

Standard Member
Hi,

I've got an old TV in the kitchen near to my Sonos amplifier.
I'd like to send the TV audio through he Sonos amp so the audio comes through my music loudspeakers.

The TV only has one scart socket round the back so I thought I could somehow connect a Scart-RCA lead from my TV to my Sonos audio inputs.

The Sonos recognises it has a line-in when I do this but the TV doesn't play through it.
If I raise the volum of the TV the TV's speakers get louder, but nothing comes through the music loudspeakers.
I've checked the line-in volume and I'm wondering whether the Scart-RCA was only ever to be used to input sound TO the telly and not to output sound.

Can someone tell me how to output sound from the TV?
:lease:

Harvin

Standard Member
Something which may be causing the problem...?

I notice some scart to rca adaptors have an input/output switch. Mine doesn't. Maybe mine's only an input to the TV and not an output. Not sure how I could tell though?

Harvin

Standard Member
Don't worry guys - got a switchable scart to RCA on it's way.
Fairly convinced that this will sort my problem out.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom