Connecting TV to DVD and VHS Video recorder

V

vegnomeat

It's pretty obvious I am very new to this home entertainment field. After researcing for a month or so I have ordered a Toshiba 50WT29B rear projection TV along with a Toshiba DVD player and Toshiba VCR, all bundled from Comet for £2000.

Now the hard part, What is the best way to connect them all together for best sound and best picture, I will be using external front speakers.

I am confused by RGB, S-VHS, composite, digital optical etc. I always thouhgt S-VHS was the small round 7 (?) pin connection but I do know what a scart is.

The DVD has one scart, composite and S-VHS (I think).

Thanks in anticipation

Wayne

V

vegnomeat

OK, comet couldn't supply the 50wt29 as it was part of a package and the DVD player wasn't in stock, so they cancelled my order.

Today ordered from empire direct the Toshiba 42wt29b, the toshiba SD 220e DVD and also a Toshiba VCR.

Seeing as the above post generated 0 replies I am trying again.

However, I think I have now gathered more information, a simple yes or no to the following question will suffice :D

The best method of hooking up the DVD to the TV is by Component cable for the picture and by optical cable for the Audio. Am I correct ?

Wayne

-Jay-

Banned
yes:D

mansell

indeed

make it so !

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Anthem AVM 70 Review, EQing Your Home Cinema Sound System and More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom