1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting TV to DVD and VHS Video recorder

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by vegnomeat, Oct 7, 2002.

1. vegnomeat

vegnomeat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's pretty obvious I am very new to this home entertainment field. After researcing for a month or so I have ordered a Toshiba 50WT29B rear projection TV along with a Toshiba DVD player and Toshiba VCR, all bundled from Comet for £2000.

Now the hard part, What is the best way to connect them all together for best sound and best picture, I will be using external front speakers.

I am confused by RGB, S-VHS, composite, digital optical etc. I always thouhgt S-VHS was the small round 7 (?) pin connection but I do know what a scart is.

The DVD has one scart, composite and S-VHS (I think).

Thanks in anticipation

Wayne

2. vegnomeat

vegnomeat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK, comet couldn't supply the 50wt29 as it was part of a package and the DVD player wasn't in stock, so they cancelled my order.

Today ordered from empire direct the Toshiba 42wt29b, the toshiba SD 220e DVD and also a Toshiba VCR.

Seeing as the above post generated 0 replies I am trying again.

However, I think I have now gathered more information, a simple yes or no to the following question will suffice :D

The best method of hooking up the DVD to the TV is by Component cable for the picture and by optical cable for the Audio. Am I correct ?

Wayne

3. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    yes:D

4. mansell

mansell

Products Owned: