1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting TV/receiver to PC

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Daneel, Feb 11, 2003.

1. Daneel

Daneel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I'm thinking of trying to hook up my PC to my Sony 32" Widescreen TV and receiver.

The receiver part looks easy enough, 3.5mm head phone connector to 2 phono plug and put the left phono into a coxial digital input on my receiver.

The TV part I intend to use the SVHS output of my GF3 to the SVHS input on my TV, or a cable that will do SVHS to SCART. Any benifits of one or other?

It just occured to me that although 4:3 movies will be fine, widescreen films will be stuck in the center of my screen. Is there any way around this? Maybe a custom resolution, then use the zoom mode on my tv?

Thanks

2. Daneel

Daneel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    After a search and a bit of thought, I think I have the widescreen thing sorted. I did think up some more questions though. :)

I intend to use my old PC for this purpose rather than my current one. The thing is the old one doesn't have a GFX card with tv out. So I have 2 options, an upgrade for my GF3 and put the GF3 in the old machine, or buy a cheap GFX ard with tv out and use that.

I remember testing the tv out once just to see if it worked, the picture quality was terrible, thing is I don't know if that was the drivers or the card. The GF3 is a Leadtek Ti200 BTW.

Anyone used the Videologic Sonicfury for digital pass through? Does it work for DD, DTS and 2 channel sound?