Connecting TV old HI FI system for good soung experience.

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by supertrman, Jan 31, 2014.

1. supertrman

supertrman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HI
    We have very good old HI FI system at home and wondering if there is any chance to connect that to TV for good film/music experience.

Thanks

Supertrman

2. BlueWizard

BlueWizard
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,211
    That depends on the TV. Check the owner's manual to find out if it has any kind of Audio Outputs, either in the form of a Red/White RCA-style connector specifically labeled AUDIO OUT, or perhaps in the SCART connector, or as a last resort, a headphone output.

Those are all analog connection that will plug right into your amp.

If you can not find any of those connections, then you will need an external DAC (Digital to Analog Converter. These can range from Moderately cheap to moderately expensive. The use of an external DAC assumes that your TV is new enough to have an Optical Digital Audio Output.

This is a very simply Coaxial/Optical DAC for a modest price -

CYP AUD3-192 | DAC | Richer Sounds

Though we would be more inclined to recommend something like this, which has Optical, Coaxial, and USB-PC Connections -

Cambridge Audio DACMAGIC 100 Black | DAC | Richer Sounds

If you can give us the exact Brand and Model of your TV, we can try to look it up for you to determine what your options are.

Steve/bluewizard

3. supertrman

supertrman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Steve
    Thanks for quick reply and I have made crucial mistake here I forgot completely to mention that I want to connect TV wirelessly because they are not near each other. I am trying to do this on cheap side, that is why I am looking in to this instead of soundbar/surround sound etc.

Thanks again in advance

Yenal/Supertrman