1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting TV-DVDR-VCR

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Nick11, Nov 24, 2004.

1. Nick11

Nick11

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I am trying to set up my new Philips 28DW6559 iDTV with my Sony DVD recorder (RDR-GX300) and Sony VCR/DVD player (SLV-D900G) using SCART leads. I am having trouble transferring my home video on VHS onto a DVD. My set-up is as follows:

I have the RF going from aerial -> DVD recorder -> VCR/DVD -> TV, and reception is fine.

I want to be able to record digital programs onto the DVD recorder (from the TV) and so have connected the TV SCART socket on the recorder to the EXT2 socket on the TV. This works ok.

I have connected the TV socket on the VCR/DVD to the EXT1 socket on the TV. I can play VHS tapes and DVDs on the combi as well as on the recorder ok.

Here is where I have trouble. I have also connected a SCART lead between Line3 on the DVD recorder and the Line3 socket on the VCR/DVD. Although I can record from home-made DVDs onto VHS, I cannot record from home-made VHS onto DVD - I cannot see the video output on the DVD recorder even though I select the correct input (it always shows BBC1). I don't know whether I have connected things up incorrectly, or whether there is a problem with one or more of the kit.

Any help would be gratefully received.
    Nick

2. Nick11

Nick11

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got it sorted now. The Line3 on the DVD/VCR is only an input.