1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting Tv/dvd/vcr/cable

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by TEDDYMAN5, Oct 26, 2003.

1. TEDDYMAN5

TEDDYMAN5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I AM A TOTAL NOVICE AND AM HOPING FOR SOME HELP. PLEASE BEAR IN MIND I CAN MANAGE SCART AND RF LEADS BUT RGB? I'M LOST.
    I HAVE BOUGHT A SONY 32" WIDESCREEN ( MODEL KD-32DX40U ) AND A SANYO COMBI VCR/DVD ( MODEL HV-DX2E ). I ALSO HAVE AN NTL DIGITAL CABLE BOX.
    THE TV HAS 2 SCARTS, 3 RF SOCKETS AND SEVERAL OTHERS, THE VCR/DVD HAS 2 SCARTS, AERIAL AND RF OUT + SEVERAL OTHERS, WHILST THE NTL CABLE HAS 1 SCART AND AN RF SOCKET MARKED TV + SEVERAL OTHERS.NO MATTER WHAT I DO I CAN'T GET A PROPER SET UP, I END UP WITH SOMETHING THAT SEEMS OK THEN YOU TURN THE VCR/DVD ON AND CABLE DISAPPEARS.
    ANY HELP WOULD BE MOST GRATEFULLY RECEIVED AS I HAVE BEEN DOING THIS SINCE 8.30 THIS MORNING AND AM NOW GOING SLIGHTLY MAD. THANKS IN ADVANCE AND APOLOGIES FOR POSTING WHAT MUST SEEM A SIMPLE QUESTION.

2. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,355
    Just a friendly word of advice TEDDYMAN5, don’t print letters throughout in capitals, it is classed as shouting on forums. And makes it harder to read.

3. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,355
    Re your question if you mean by switching the VCR on by actually starting playing a tape, and the same with the DVD on some machines when switching them on. This is normal, but you may be able to switch it off in the TV settings.
    There is also a switching signal that is sent up to the TV from the VCR and DVD when you start to play them/switch on that can be cut.

4. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,355
    If your post goes missing from this forum look in General Hardware it may be moved there, and get more expert replies.;)

5. seany

seany
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1