Connecting Toshiba 32BV700B to Sony HT-AS5 home cinema

Discussion in 'Sony TVs Forum' started by davidb7213, Jan 5, 2012.

1. davidb7213

davidb7213
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Needing a bit of advice. Have recently purchased a Sony HT-AS5 home cinema system to seriously improve my television sound quality. I've connected the Sony system up as described in the manual and via HDMI cables connected both the TV and PS3 to it. The PS3 does seem to work fine through the home cinema however nothing I do seems to work in getting the normal TV sound through it!! Any suggestions? I think going via optical cables may be the answer? Please note i'm only using the inbuilt freeview TV signal in the Toshiba TV and not any kind of sky box etc.

2. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,425
    Unless your Tv has audio out phono sockets...check your user manual, you'll need to use optical out from the set...or the headphone jack output...or a switchable scart to phono adaptor set to out with a stereo phono lead.
    Most TVs output the digital tuner from the AV2 scart socket.

3. davidb7213

davidb7213
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks JayCee, I've found the aoudi out sockets and about to head of & get me some cables to connect both systems. Thanks for the advice :)